Saturday, September 10, 2011

Twins for a day

I have always admired mommies who have twins, marveled at how they juggle two, tried to wrap my head around what it would be like to manage to get anything done & have happy babies. 

Today was my day.  Jeremy didn't all of a sudden morph into two babies.  We have some spectacular friends who were both busy today and needed a sitter for their 19 month old.  I will call her "O"

She is 4 months older than he is, so it has been great to watch her hit milestones that I know he will hit in a little while.  You'd never know that she is older than him by looking at them.  He probably outweighs her & they are the same height.  It's nuts. 

O & Jeremy have a fun little friendship.  Is it a little bit of a forced friendship...I wouldn't say that.  But we are so close with her parents that we would have been really sad if she and Jeremy weren't buddies.  In the last month or so, the two of them have started getting excited about seeing each other (at least Jeremy is excited about seeing her) and are starting to actually play together. 

I was excited to have this extended play date, but a little nervous too because Jeremy wouldn't be home for his nap...his routine would be a little off (reference my post from the other day...routines are big at our house).  I didn't need to worry.  O was a pleasure & she and Jeremy were great. 


I played with both of them, I fed both of them, I managed to keep tabs on both of them.  I didn't venture out of the house, I didn't have to bathe both of them, I didn't have to be with both of them for more than a few hours.  I will NEVER know the true challenges of having twins, but have gained a little, teeny bit of insight into what it would be like to have two the same age...a teeny tiny bit. 

Discussing our options for the day on a vacation to Pismo Beach.
Jeremy & O wagoning.
I cannot wait to see the two of them grow up together (whether they like it or not)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment