Saturday, September 17, 2011

Favorite Bedtime Stories


You know you have one.  It was that book you made your parents read you over & over & over again.  The one with the bent pages, the ripped cover and the worn out spine.  
The current favorite at our house: 
  • I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa Mccourt(or "Fi Face" in Jeremy language)
It's been the favorite for a few weeks, and I don't see any signs of it changing soon.  
A few have been added back into the bedtime rotation recently:
  • Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann (or "Ga Ga,"which was found behind the changing table a few days ago & promptly restored to it's bedtime reading position)
  • Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (simply "Moon.")
Jeremy reading an abridged version of "Goodnight Gorilla"
Bryan wasn't super happy about this one...but I was! 
My early reader!
Don't interrupt me mommy!  I'm reading!
Today we celebrated the 2nd birthday of one of Jeremy's buddies, Pa.  We got his present last week, three of Jeremy's favorite books and jammies Jeremy (adamantly) picked out. Jeremy & I were very excited to give it to him.  Hopefully Pa will enjoy the stories as much as Jeremy does. 

What were your favorite stories?  What books are you reading to your kiddos that have become their favorites (or do you read & wish you didn't have to)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment