Friday, February 18, 2011

...organization...

It's been quite a week in the WeeWants household.

Lots of orders have come in (great), but they have been kind of pushed aside so that I can take care of my super active baby and my sick husband. 

Yesterday & today I had some time to finish one of the quilts and as I was putting away my fabric, cutting tools & other sewing supplies, I started to reorganize my sewing basket...again. 

Let me preface this by letting you know that I am very organized.  I hate clutter and when my house is starting to feel full of stuff, I know it's time to go through it and get rid of things. 

Also, I do not have a lot of space for my growing collection of WeeWants supplies.  I have my things in one basket (it's about 24" long and maybe 12" deep), a set of Rubbermaid drawers in my son's closet, and one small drawer under his crib. 

I find myself spending more time than I want to swapping things around in my basket, and I keep forgetting about the stuff in Jeremy's room (I tend to sew after he goes to bed...and I'm not a fan of bumping around in there and potentially waking him up). 

So, any tips?  We live in a 977 square foot condo with no closet space (minus the space for clothes) and every storage space we do have is full of our stuff...now that WeeWants is starting to become bigger (and take up more space), I need ideas on what to do with my fabric so it's still accessible, but is put away so it can't be seen. 

...until then...I'll just keep on reorganizing my baskets :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment